PHMG
3,9 van de 5 sterren.
Schrijf een review

PHMG Reviews

Schrijf een review voor dit bedrijf
Functie

Alle 170 reviews worden getoond

Tough place to work

Door Indeed uitgelichte review

De nuttigste review volgens Indeed
Very long hours. Culture is not great and management are extremely harsh. You can earn good money but the hours can be crazy. As a first job in can be ok as anywhere else you got after won't be as brutal
Was deze review waardevol?

So many people come and go awful

Treat people awfully, shocking company all things considered decent pay, lie about bonuses however, management is poor in general probably the worst place ive ever worked so glad i quit.

Management awful

Anyone in a high position thinks they have too much power, extremely rude to people who dont know them wildly unprofessional, worst working experience of my life

Honesty appalled

I only worked here for 2 months the amount of lies is truly baffling, how they treat staff is truly shocking, never been so upset and unhappy with a work situation before, AVOID at all costs an absolute disgrace of a company.

Pluspunten

If the lies they told were true there would be pros but there are none

LIES constantly, everything.
Was deze review waardevol?

Great view bad company to work for

10 out 10 do not recommend this job. Out dated company values. Nothing spectacular, not willing to think or explore outside the box. Pitched the idea of other things to offer customers to increase revenue but immediately said no.

Great view of DT chicago

Horrible management
Was deze review waardevol?

Beoordeel een bedrijf waarvoor je recent hebt gewerkt

Deel je ervaring om anderen te helpen

A truly painful place to work

Just don’t do it to yourself. Huge lack of diversity and modern thinking. Management is poor and the way I saw people being treated is why they have such a high turnover of staff.

Pluspunten

Colleagues are great, but that’s it.

Smoke and Mirrors

Great initial sales training with a sleek and professional work environment, That is what they sell you on and that is what they initially deliver. After you are assigned to a team that environment switches up fast. Underperformers are uncomfortably berated in front of other team members. Drug use is pervasive amongst management. The most pressing problem is that after you close a deal and it is handed off to the account management team that it can be cancelled which is then taken out of your salary.

Good initial sales training

Minpunten

Drug use, mistreatment of employees, shady sales tactics
Was deze review waardevol?

Alright money but expect to have no life

Source all your data outside of working hours of 1.30pm-11pm so you end up sourcing all your data in the morning and calling potential customer all afternoon/evening. So you end up doing mad hours everyday and using your weekends to source your own leads finding the business owners names, whether they fit certain criteria and you’ve got to do this for every lead you want to ring. So if you want to earn good money you can but expect to pull in some mad hours every week

Pluspunten

Pool table break out room is cool

No life balance whatsoever
Was deze review waardevol?

Not worth your time if you have a degree

If you have a college degree you can do far better than PHMG. Very little encouragement and work/life balance from management. Enjoy the free beer or two on Friday, because that's about as good as it gets.

Haha

Manager style

Avoid, avoid, avoid

The company is totally dominated by sales. Everything is sales. Whilst they try to make out that it's a creative agency with loads of amazing creative talent, internally the only people who matter are the salesmen. Yes men, not people. "Boys club" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Management actively enjoys and encourages infidelity. They want family men who drive fancy cars (oh yeah, once you hit a certain seniority you're "encouraged" to buy an expensive car) who sleep around with staff. No joke. Think Mad Men without the talent. You must arrive at a specific time, if you don't, you're punished - and I mean to the minute. There are set break times, again, to the minute. It's like being in school, not to mention the dress code. The pay, unless you're in sales, is dismal compared to other agencies. They target graduates who are desperate to get any job and are willing to take anything. It's a good starter job in that respect, but plan on moving within 6 months if you know what's good.The parties are fun, lavish, vapid, and very well "dusted" if you know what I mean. I met some great people there, but really that has nothing to do with the company itself.

Pluspunten

Works with big brands which looks good on your CV when you apply to a new job

Too many to list

Not my bag

Company utilises terrible pay deals and the working practices are shady. Covid secure... well I didn't see any security. Felt intimidated to return to the office and put health at jeopardy.

Alright at best

It's okay if you're coming out of college, but other than that, it's not worth it. Compensation is not worth the amount of hours that you put into it to be successful.

Head down and work

Cut throat environment, recruit 15/20 people a month and only 1 stay on at a time. Expect you to work through your lunch and also you have to source your own leads, I was working 13 hour shifts and it still wasn’t good enough

12 hour days

You Get What You Give

Before being hired I was very impressed with PHMG. The high-rise office on the mag mile, everyone wearing suites, free snacks - it all seemed high end and luxurious. It all seems very nice on the surface but it wasn't until a few months in that I realized the situation I was in. Don't get me wrong, no one has ever treated me wrong or with disrespect at PH, everyone is extremely nice and more than willing to help. But sooner or later it's just going to be just you and your phone. This job is 100% cold calling from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45-5:30. When I first started I was given 100 recycled leads and about 10-15% (probably less) of those leads were quality. After you run through the new starter data in a week or two you will then be expected to source your own leads ON YOUR OWN TIME. That's my biggest issue with PHMG, you're expected to cold call high quality leads for the entire work day but those leads need to be generated either after work or if you decide to come in early. Generally, after being on the phone and staring at a computer for 8+ hours, the absolute LAST THING that I want to do when I get home is to stay in work mode and source data for an additional hour or two once you're off the clock. This job isn't for everyone which was made evident by the high rate of turnover starting with the new hires that realize they don't like the job within the first few weeks and continuing to some of the longer employed workers that just don't want to deal with the nonsense and politics anymore. This job is not hard by any means. It's quite easy to sit behind a desk all day and cold -

Pluspunten

Friendly & Helpful Managment/Co-Workers and free snacks.

Minpunten

Lots of rejection, long hours
Was deze review waardevol?

Could be the best job in the US

Management is horrible they will use profanity towards you without a reason. They get off on embarrassing you. My manager never once gave me a review or words of appreciation. I'm a big boy I don't need that to perform but it's just further proof of the worse culture possible. The head guy in charge located in Chicago is plain pyshco. Its really a shame because the product is amazing, the sales process is phenomenal and the support staff is extremely knowledgeable. The pay is off the charts fair. With the right culture people would be lining up to work there and never leave. Hopefully one day they will figure that out but I could be starving and would never go back and I hit my numbers.

Pluspunten

Sales process, pay and product

Minpunten

Culture is the worst on the planet
Was deze review waardevol?

One of the best jobs I've had

People in the Chicago office are great. Managers are usually helpful and understanding. Job pays well. Not really any job advancement. Lots of travel means less time at home. Sometimes you have to drive 6+hrs a day. I would average 1k miles per week. Company paid for hotel stays, food, gas, rental vehicle (which is nice). Overall good company, would work for them again.

Great pay and people.

Minpunten

If you hate driving this is not for you.

Opportunity for Career Growth

Lots of opportunity for Career Growth and a fun work environment. I was promoted 3 times in 3 years and gained lots of valuable and transferable experience.

Nope

Just nope. Culture was terrible. High turnover rate, saw so many people get fired. It was basically an extension of high school with their attitudes. The design of the company was to profit off your sales even after you’ve left. It was more stressful than encouraging.
Was deze review waardevol?

Not nice ppl to work for.

I would rather eat my owm head than work at ph media. The sales managers are on a constant power trip and the top sales ppl gave egos as big as planetary systems. I would work here in a gap year as a way of encourgaing someone to find a career they like in order tonnever have to set foot in a place like this
Was deze review waardevol?

Fast paced and competitive. Sport and music culture orientated

During my 4 years at the company I worked in sales, account management and internal recruitment. I managed the internal recruitment for the London office and relocated to the Manchester HQ and have also been sent to the Chicago office as a top performer. The roles within the company are fast paced and competitive and there is a work hard, play hard culture. The hardest part of the recruitment roles are managing the recruitment process and managing hiring managers expectations. The most enjoyable part is hiring new talent, being responsible for their development and watching them grow and succeed within the business.

Pluspunten

Long list or company perks, competitive environment, working for global leader

Minpunten

The overall culture and management styles, lack of HR
Was deze review waardevol?

Hated it at PHMG, all about selling

They don't care about employees, it is all about them pushing you for sales and getting contracts. I wouldn't recommend a job here unless you like stress and poor pay without prospects.
Was deze review waardevol?

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij PHMG. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.Stel een vraag

Algehele waardering

3,8 van de 5 sterren voor Bedrijfscultuur
  • Bedrijven
  • PHMG
  • Reviews van medewerkers
Laat ons weten hoe we deze pagina kunnen verbeteren
Wat zou je willen toevoegen of veranderen?