IDEXX Laboratories
3,5 van de 5 sterren.
Ontvang wekelijkse updates, nieuwe vacatures en reviews

IDEXX Laboratories Reviews

Functie
Locatie
Alle 523 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Leuke collega 's leuke jaar gehad .Via uitzendbureau binnen gekomen.
Was goed bereikbaar
Minpunten
Communicatie was niet altijd goed
Bedrijfscultuur
This is a great job for somebody who is good with technology and technical problem solving. Their software systems are massive and have many modules. If you don’t have a bit of a technical background, you will struggle here. Training is intense.
Pay, people, benefits
Minpunten
Training should be more spread out
Bedrijfscultuur
Too many priorities, not enough resources. Leadership constantly chasing the next big efficiency software, often at the cost of millions and years of lost productivity. Projects are always under estimated, and its a constant game of kick the can down the road, especially when leadership changes their minds on third-party vendors and then the whole team is on hold until the new vendor gets up to speed. always, and I mean always, the new vendor has lied and oversold the efficiencies they offer. so the whole team spends the next 4-6 months rebuilding everything the last vendor already did for us. So if you sell snake oil someone at IDEXX will pay 4x what you are asking and then pay you 8x to change the flavor.
Great coworkers
Minpunten
taking yearly employee surveys that never address the core issues
Bedrijfscultuur
This place is a mess. If you’re looking for understanding and flexibility this is not the place for you. Non of the management is trained on the lab they work in and have a hard time making any sort of decision. The pay is on but the people here are mostly toxic. Very cheap about products they use in the lab so it makes work difficult. They also do not listen to in put your opinion doesn’t matter.
None after COVID
Micro managing
Bedrijfscultuur
I have been with idexx for over 2 years. During the interview, I was told after a year in 1 department, I could move to other departments and learn/grow. That is a flat out lie. I have asked repeatedly for advancement only to be denied - and I always get 5 star reviews. They dont have an issue with my work ethic they have an issue with paying for a good work ethic. There is a lot of favoritism. There is a lot of overtime. Its overnights, so between that and OT, you have no life. Work, sleep, repeat. Benefits are top notch though. Medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options, fitness options.. benefits start immediately.
Fringe benefits
Midnights, no advancement
Was deze review waardevol?
Beoordeel een bedrijf waarvoor je recent hebt gewerkt
Deel je ervaring om anderen te helpen
Bedrijfscultuur
Very controlled atmosphere, every minute of your time scrutinized. Have to announce when you go to the bathroom or get a drink if other than your scheduled break time.
Bedrijfscultuur
Die Arbeit im Labor verlangt einem viel ab, man steht unter Zeitdruck. Es macht jedoch sehr viel Spaß. Der Umgang miteinander ist höflich und zuvorkommend.
Pluspunten
Schulungen, toller Pausenbereich mit gestellten Kaffeautomaten und Wasserspender
Niedriges Gehalt
Bedrijfscultuur
Idexx is a decent place to work but there is little opportunity for career growth unless you are able to relocate. Work culture varies from lab to lab. Managers and supervisors are generally techs who have been promoted so leadership skills and abilities are hit and miss.
good benefits
no career growth
Bedrijfscultuur
Its not a job where you can climb very high. And most shifts are overnight. But the pay really helped, so if you need money quickly it can serve your purpose but just not a lot of room for growth.
Pay
Minpunten
You have to keep filling in where others fall short.
Bedrijfscultuur
This is a highly variable work place. Overall this is a good place to work, but some of the managers are not good, and there are some very unhealthy places to be in this company. The culture is mostly about results. You may do some of your best work ever here, but when something bad happens it may not be corrected. Ultimately the environment you are in at IDEXX depends on your manager and reporting line, and what tone they set for treatment of others. IDEXX has has implemented an internal survey system that helps them find the cancerous departments. This has helped, but like most large companies that have had fast growth, big problems still exist because it is very difficult to ensure all managers are skilled, ethical, and fair. Until there is a culture of people standing up for things that are wrong, and that not being suppressed, this will continue.The same thing that drives the company to make great products drives them to want to be excellent in how work is done. The work you do here is something you can be proud of. Data driven product development ensures products that are very valuable to customers, which is very satisfying.Review process based on people's opinions that may not understand your job description or your boss's marching orders. (This is called a "360") If your job is to push back on issues or control something, people can be unhappy with your perceived attempts to undermine their success.IDEXX does not have pay parity or enforcement in pay or opportunity. Bad role clarity in many roles is a breeding ground for problems in some places. Some managers - meer...
Pluspunten
Great building cafe and nice work spaces, Good benefits and fitness facility, There is a HSA health plan and employee stock purchase program, Decent 401K match, Great training opportunities, Good processes and standards for products, Growth Leave is an extra month PTO in your 10th year, Small VTO policy
Minpunten
Its a very driven place which means a lot of people here are competitive in an unhealthy way, Extremely political atmosphere - It can be very stressful, Many people do a lot of work that others take all the credit for, Getting thrown under the bus and getting ganged up on can happen, Bullies are seen as "effective, get it done" types.
Bedrijfscultuur
All upper management needs to be replaced immediately and learn why your turnover rate is so high due to favoritism and messy management that tells employees personal business.
Company events
Minpunten
Health insurance is a bomber and rip off
Bedrijfscultuur
You know exactly what your job is and are well trained in your position. The third shift takes some time getting use too but it be ones easier and I wouldn’t trade it. I love it!
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people to work with and always learning something new, enjoy the compensations and benefits. Everyone is very open and friendly and appreciative. Hours are long and usually short staffed which makes it hard to stay positive, but it’s not a bad job, could use a little work in certain areas.
Pluspunten
Open minded, friendly, benefits, food
Short staffed
Bedrijfscultuur
Idexx does a really good job training it’s incoming employees to succeed. There’s no lack of support from a multitude of people, and there’s constant and consistent reviews of your work as you’re advancing with the company.I found the phone work more stressful than expected at times, but I believe for a call center job it’s likely the best you’ll find. I wish they supported their employees more when dealing with an irate customer. The customer can’t always be right, and Idexx certainly believes they are.Overall it was a fairly fun job with a great training program and lovely coworkers. It just wasn’t the right fit for me.
Pluspunten
Benefits, Pay, Free Coffee, Cafeteria Options, Great Training, Friendly Management
Minpunten
“Customer is always right” mentality, phone work can be stressful
Bedrijfscultuur
Was a contract job. Some of the people were not very "professional". Was not a very friendly place to work. They released me from my contract ( 6 months) a couple of weeks early. Told me my last day was Friday, (on Tuesday - and I really had about 2 more weeks left) and if I did not want to come in the rest of the week that was ok. Ended up working to the end of the week.
Minpunten
Not a friendly place to work, Some of the employees were not very "professional"
Bedrijfscultuur
For those unfamiliar with the company, it's important to know that it's not entirely about reference labs, chemistry, and analyzer manufacturing. Think of nearly any job and it's likely that IDEXX has it to offer. There's a lot going on in technology/software development and in just about any aspect of business operations you can think of. In my experience, IDEXX promotes movement within the organization. There's an emphasis on ensuring good, talented people stay with the company by finding the right role for themselves, versus leaving to find the right role elsewhere. A very serious company with lots of incredibly smart and talented people, but that seriousness is tempered with a vigorous, fun, and inclusive culture. Though not being utilized during the pandemic, the facility in Westbrook is top notch.
Bedrijfscultuur
The company is growing so fast, and there is so much pressure on the lines of business that it causes unbelievable levels of stress and strain. Imagine working with product managers with hundreds of emails and packed schedules who can’t take a lunch break- ever. Think twice before signing up for that lifestyle.
Pluspunten
Benefits, pay, flexible schedule at times
Minpunten
Can’t take a day of pto without being buried, middle management egomaniacs
Bedrijfscultuur
The management team is very supportive and are invested in your growth. My direct manager was a lean practitioner and constantly challenged and pushed you in a good way! Our team trainer was highly supportive and made sure we never felt alone when working remotely!
Pluspunten
Travel, learning, networking, sense of community
Minpunten
Started to become “metrics” focused - quantity of site visits over quality, work/life balance especially around holidays, blackout times for PTO (EOQ)
Bedrijfscultuur
The job consists of putting a fecal into a disposable Dixie cup, adding liquid zinc into the cup, stirring it, and straining it through a piece of gauze. Do this less than 500 times a night and expect a trip to the office on your way out. Management is way too focused on the amount of samples each tech completes each night, to the point that you have to write down each load you complete on a sheet of paper. The lab is consistently understaffed and a majority of the staff have developed repetitive movement injuries because of it. Weekly meetings are held on how techs can process samples even faster. No room for growth unless a member of the management team finally quits from burnout. The lab also does not get cleaned or disinfected unless the technicians have time at the end of their shift to do so.
Good supervisor, great coworkers
Minpunten
Very dirty lab, sweatshop like labor, micromanagement
Bedrijfscultuur
I have really enjoyed working at IDEXX, but I am a temporary worker, so I don’t receive all the benefits that a permanent employee receives. Their benefit package sounds fantastic though. My experience here has been great, regardless. My fellow employees are nice and helpful and my manager is fantastic and really supportive of my career.
Free lunch (during COVID), good work culture, good work-life balance
Lots of temp employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Revolving door for hiring, managers are the worse. Do not properly train you and always negative feed back. You're unable to express your opinion.
  1. Reviews van medewerkers