IDEXX Laboratories
3,5 van de 5 sterren.
Ontvang wekelijkse updates, nieuwe vacatures en reviews
Review over IDEXX Laboratories van een medewerker

Wrong place in the wrong time

5 november 2015
The team I joined was supposedly international. Coming from a highly international environment I thought I would find an open, multicultural place and I found instead lots of arrogance, prejudices, mocking others, judgments of body language. I also found a place which clearly wants to grow and expand without the humility to listen, learn and accept that certain directions might differ from original opinions (based on lack of knowledge, predominantly). As such I found a place where I was told we would do great things and nothing happened. Between the interview and my start date I was told certain projects would be completed which in fact where nowhere near completion even after I left, several months. Guess what, my job was predominantly relying on such projects. And so I was immediately asked to do other things as well, and got blamed for not being able to achieve results when I had no clear goals/directions. My recommendation: do not take things for granted! Ask countless questions to whomever is interviewing you.
Waarderingen per categorie
2,0Bedrijfscultuur
Vergelijkbare reviews
5 november 2020
Customer Support Representative (voormalige medewerker) - Hoofddorp
International company that hires a lot of non-Dutch speakers to fulfill customer service for large parts of Europe. Colleagues are nice, but management is not. Don't like people with opinions that differ from theirs, and will end your contract for that. They only want people who agree with them and just do as they are told. My feeling is that many of the expats working there can't get any other work because they don't speak Dutch very well and are just stuck there. Salary is mediocre, for a call centre not bad. Turnover is very high, new people start every month, because always many are leaving. Would not recommend unless no other choice.
Pluspunten
Colleagues are mostly nice.
Minpunten
Management is mostly not nice.
2,0
19 oktober 2020
Credit Controller (voormalige medewerker) - Hoofddorp
Really basic job that was not challenging.During the interview, I specifically told the manager that there were some tasks I was not interesting in doing.And yet, those are the tasks I had to do. When I mentioned I wanted to leave, suddenly the manager was ready to give more interesting tasks. Too little, too late.I therefore second that the middle management is pretty poor.Didn't stay long enough to see if there were possibilities to grow in the company.On the positive side, the cafeteria is good, and it's possible to work from home easily.
14 juli 2020
Customer Support Representative (voormalige medewerker) - Hoofddorp
The middle management is very, very poor. Not only completely dishonest, but also lacking the basic level of competence you are expected to find from a supervisor. They don't treat people with respect. They aim to hire smart, educated people with no intent to consider or challenge them. Several of my coworkers including me were completely bored out. The opportunities to grow are a lie, simply used to keep you motivated as long as possible. The tasks are always the same, once you have learned how to do things it never changes. It takes 3-5 years minimum of pretending to still enjoy the same easy tasks to evolve, and then only for a lucky few...
Pluspunten
work from home, coworkers usually nice, decent pay
Minpunten
boring, no growth, management dishonest and absent