Hibu
3,3 van de 5 sterren.
Schrijf een review

Hibu Reviews

Schrijf een review voor dit bedrijf
Functie

Alle 545 reviews worden getoond

Fun place no growth

Door Indeed uitgelichte review

De nuttigste review volgens Indeed
Fun place felt like just big company thirsty to hire people to fire them. Then turn around and promote the ones who cheat the system. People were just using their friends to setup website trials. Smh
Was deze review waardevol?

Unless you seriously care about selling digital marketing, dont do it

It's not a very fulfilling job. No commission cap is good, but the job itself meaningless. If money motivates you, be my guest, but if you need more, then this isn't the job for you.
Was deze review waardevol?

Got to be part of the clique

As much as it pains me to say, this place is for a fresh out of college person who just wants to get started in this industry. Because of the templated cookie cutter way of working and advancement you really need to network your posterior out and get in with management on a personal level. Many employees are gone unnoticed and unappreciated. I spent 12 years of my career trying to ascend with little to no success or help. Maybe I was always the wrong fit but this company used to reward people for their hardwork, experience and loyalty. Before I left... that fell to the waste side because of all of the restructuring and turnover.
Was deze review waardevol?

Not for everyone. Can be a tough sell.

Some people stick here and make money. A lot of people attempt and quickly drop out. Tiered commissions and complicated comp plans make it tricky to earn real money. They will tell you about high earners but those people are the exception. High velocity full cycle sales.

Officiële reactie van Hibu

11 mei 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback and service to Hibu! As with any sales position you get out of the position what you put in and this is especially true at Hibu which has an uncapped commission structure that puts significant earning potential into the hands of the individual. Wishing you the best!

Great corporate support

Really a great company worked there 8 years. Local manager I really liked. Everybody corporate was fabulous. Benefits outstanding. Not enough emphasis on customer retention versus too much on new sales. National sales manager was outstanding. Regional manager a 100% total jerk. Reason I left. Nobody liked him and the company lost several good people because of him. Great products and a great company to work for.
Was deze review waardevol?

Beoordeel een bedrijf waarvoor je recent hebt gewerkt

Deel je ervaring om anderen te helpen

Overpromise & Underdeliver

Not sure how Hibu is still in business! Massive churn, most products ineffective. Good first sales job to help become numb to rejection. (honestly - that is pro!)
Was deze review waardevol?

Flexibility is awesome if you’re cool making a lot of cold calls

Cold calling isn’t for everybody, but if you can get used to rejection before people even hear you out, this is a great job! I love the flexibility of getting to spend special moments with my family, while providing an excellent income for them and our future!

Pluspunten

Flexibility, great pay, great peopl

Minpunten

Just the people who don’t understand on the other end of the phone why they need you
Was deze review waardevol?

Fun, supportive, caring, energetic place to work!

Really says a lot when over half the employees have been employed there for decades. Awesome support from my manager and always someone to help and guide me.
Was deze review waardevol?

Poor job work/ life balance. Low compensation/ costly benefits. Little job security/ room for advancement. Bad management. Terrible job culture.

Poor job work/ life balance. Low compensation/ costly benefits. Little job security/ room for advancement. Bad upper management. Terrible job culture.
Was deze review waardevol?

Management does not care about helping you, just meetings and hitting your numbers.

A typical day starts with a meeting; where instead of pumping you up, they overwhelm you with numbers and let you know that what you did is not good enough. Now, go make 60 phone calls and 30 in-person visits. Management is bad, 8 out of 10 started when it was Yellow Pages and have no sense of how to lead a salesforce, just manage numbers. There is no team, you are all split up and compete against each other.

Pluspunten

You'll meet some good people (other reps) from throughout the country.

Minpunten

Lots of meetings, bad management, customer service is a joke, and no follow-through when helping customers with an issue.
Was deze review waardevol?

Horrific management that will lie to your face

This started as a good place until they think you have drinken the Kool aid. The pay and stress is not worth it. Highly understaffed during the busiest time of the year.

Can't think of any

Poor management
Was deze review waardevol?

Fun culture with outstanding training tools

To succeed here you will need to be competitive, confident, positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, and the drive to learn. The tools are absolutely there. My direct manager has my back, is constantly engaged, gives great feedback, and genuinely cares. The job itself is pretty independent and you determine how well you do, which I love. You will go through an initial two week training class and then start going out into the field around your third week. It's intense but the experience is 100% what you make of it as you are given an exceptional amount of support from your team, trainers, peers, and upper management. The work culture you get here is rare. And you can make a. lot. of. money. Most people you meet have a 15 year plus tenure.

Pluspunten

Work life balance, training, challenging, leadership team, work from home

Overworked and underpaid

I currently work here. The leads you are given have been touched 5-7 times. You are expected to set webinars and every 5 they assume you close 1. You essentially do a lot of work on potential accounts to get paid on 1 you'll close. On top of making 45 activities a day, you have homework, a lot of meetings, and 1 on 1 time with managers. Out of the 25 in my class, like 3 are doing okay. I truly believe for all the bull you have to go through to get 1 sale, the base salary just isn't high enough. Some of these folks are sending emails and 10pm at night. I would not recommend working here, I believe there are a plethora of other, better sales positions at better companies.

Remote work

Minpunten

Tons of meetings, low base pay, poor leads, no need for product.

It’s a job

Not bad for beginning at career. Wasn’t a clear-cut description of the job from the very beginning. Print is print. need to focus more on digital. Good way to learn the business to advance in another job

Was deze review waardevol?

Hibu on steroids is how I felt it is a awful company to work for!!!

Hibu was a terrible company to work for I was miserable since training started I was blown away at the over time and that they expected you to work weekends and holidays just to finish assignments and all the tests and yes I said it ALL THE TESTS there is ongoing tests that do not stop they put on you since the first day of training !!! There was 1 trainer with 20 people and he couldn't really support you and you either recorded it or take good notes which I didn't or you were out of luck and you keep taking the tests until you pass and I was up until after 11:00 pm on most nights during the 3 month training. I called them Hibu on steroids because they were obsessed with pushing the numbers and commissions down every ones throat every day via e-mail and texts all day it was WAY TO MUCH and there approach was humiliating to every one who didn't get a sale and the upper management made you feel bad and if you didn't hit your quota after training and in month 3 you are written up and your salary is lowered to another tier and they never give you a heads up or try to help you the management support was terrible only calling you and hounding you every day asking if you got a sale. I was SO UNHAPPY WORKING FOR THEM and the stress from then cramming the numbers down my throat caused me severe anxiety and stress and I had to go to the doctor and had to request time off!!!

Fun

It was a pretty good job. Definitely challenging but they provided the tools needed to be successful. Wasn’t a fan of relying on someone else to control my commission.

Good work life balance

Home office gives you flexibility to schedule your work around having a family. There are a lot of meetings and the micromanaging is becoming a significant challenge.

Life Balance

Pay

Its a horse race....

I transitioned in from yellowbook, they were a yellow page coming that started transitioning to digital. Offers website and SEM packages. So that was about 10 years age not really sure what their doing today. But while I was there it was a fun job.of course that was before saleforce.

Pluspunten

Decent base salary, competitive website packages targetted to SMB

Minpunten

Hard work, crowded space micro manager.

Low pay. High stress. It’s not for everyone

Training was great starting out. After working a few months you see how things are run. Workload is continually increased with no compensation for time or pay to complete it. Management didn’t want us working OT as needed which lead to many working OT unpaid. The department has had a complete revamp of staff several times as it’s hard to find anyone willing to do the job. We started with 2/2 hour call queues each day to all day queue everyday which limits ability to provide customers support as required. Lunch and breaks were asked to work through at times for minimal incentive, if any. Systems issues became regular while SLAs were still expected to be met. Overall, not worth the stress for the pay.

Benefits, holidays

Minpunten

Pay, short breaks and lunch, high stress/expectations, minimal support

Hard Sell

They change the pay structure constantly. Hibu groups companies into tiers and pay the reps half commission on low scored businesses. There is a huge secret on how they make the determinations and most often are way off for no apparent reason or reasons given. The company however does not pass that discount to the clients nor rescores the client after good standing. These rules create a revolving door with sales staff and puts the squeeze on good reps who often leave as the annual income decrease while company profits go up.

Flexible Hours

Old YellowBook Managers

Big Expectations with Little Support

I worked as a sales consultant for about seven months and during that time I was not impressed at the company environment, culture, and way of doing business. Training is virtual and I believe this was a great disservice for me personally as you can only pick up so much when you’re sitting in front of a computer screen. It takes about a month to get through training before you are released to make sales on your own. Unfortunately the majority of time spent on countless conference calls and performing “busywork” in the company CRM to satisfy management. Many of the tools you are given in training you do not actually use in the field and your manager has a specific way of doing things. Sales reps are expected to meet a heavy call volume along with scheduling meeting both virtually and in person depending on your market. Even if you’re making sales you’re still required to meet these ridiculous demands and there’s only so much time of the day to complete these tasks. I actually never met my manager in person due to the pandemic. I can tell you that I’m almost weekly conference calls along with countless call sessions and trainings, Little support was often provided. I can tell you this is definitely a sink or swim environment you will not be valued for your efforts only the sales will matter to the upper management. You’re very much a number here and easily expendable turnover is very high.

Work from Home, Benefits

Unrealistic Workload, Poor Leeds, Heavily Trafficked Markets
Was deze review waardevol?

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Hibu. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.Stel een vraag

Algehele waardering