Cosmo
2,7 van de 5 sterren.
Schrijf een review

Reviews over Werk-privébalans bij Cosmo

Schrijf een review voor dit bedrijf
Functie

2,3Salaris en arbeidsvoorwaarden

Sorteer op

RelevantieBeoordelingDatum
25 reviews gevonden voor de zoekopdracht.Bekijk alle 70 reviews

Not terrible, for the service industry

Door Indeed uitgelichte review

De nuttigste review volgens Indeed
The job is alright. There's always a lot of work to do, but it's very simple stuff. Management is nice enough. They put in more effort than your average, low-level, service industry management team.The workplace culture is exceptionally friendly, compared to other positions I've worked in, with it being quick and easy to make friends. There's a good deal of people that work especially hard in the team. Although I don't see that as part of the workplace culture because there's a few that do quite the opposite.

Pluspunten

Friendly team, free meals, a free drink on a Sunday evening

Minpunten

Unsociable hours, tiring work, minimum wage

the worst management

The management would not be scared to embarrass you in front of anyone. the floor manager is cocky, rude and arrogant and would only talk nice to you if he wanted you to work all day sunday. you never get a weekend off, and if you don’t want to work a day at the weekend, then you will be questions and questioned about it, even though you are on a zero hour contract. i left because all management treated everyone like rubbish. If you cried, they would laugh, “don’t bring your personal problems to work” they said to someone who had been to their close family members funeral the day before. I would never work there again, because of the manager, just always shouting and speaking to you like dirt. The people who worked their were mainly great, they days used to go so fast when i worked there. But when it came to clocking off, the manager would wonder off, or say he was in the middle of something and we cannot leave until he says so.

Pluspunten

Free Lunches, but can only eat certain things.

Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?

environnement de travail amical mais stressant et compétif

Le travail consistait à servir les clients et les accompagner pendant le déjeuner ou le dîner de la meilleure façon possible. Au début l'aspect plus dificil était la langue anglaise mais le contact avec les clients et les collègues m’a beaucoup aidé à apprendre rapidement

Ótimo

Ótimo com boa relação interpessoal, ótimos benefícios

Worst place to work

I would never recommend this place to work. They are hiring people under table, all from Asia and they can't speak English, is so hard to talk to them. And after that they are mad because you don't understand what they really want you to do. The payrate is a joke, they are hustleling you, and there is no service charge or tips as they say at first. Also, for one t shirt or a coat and a hat they are taking you 100£ deposit, you are getting paid monthly half cash half card. Also you work at least 48 hours a week and your contract is made for at most 30 35. The level of hygiene is low, they never really change the oil in fryers, and they would do anything to save money.

Free lunch

Minpunten

Long hours, pay rate is a joke
Was deze review waardevol?

Beoordeel een bedrijf waarvoor je recent hebt gewerkt

Deel je ervaring om anderen te helpen

Do not apply here

This workplace management is so poor. The management themselves are so rude. They treat you like as if they own you, telling you what to do and if you say no, they will shout at you and take their anger at you. They say us to be professional but they themselves are not professional whatsoever. Even in your days off they will ring u and ask u to work like as if you don’t have life outside work. Especially on weekend if you ask for off, they will ask you the reason ‘why and where’ and if they don’t have enough staff, they will put u on work without saying anything and when you ask them why u got work on weekend, their answer is we don’t have enough staff and you have to work. You apply for a part time job but basically it’s a full time because you have to work so hard on busy days and u still not get double paid. Christmas time and bank holidays you still get minimum wage with no double pay. And you can’t take holidays on Christmas time, apparently it’s a busiest time. It’s hard to take holidays off too, the management has to approve it; if they say no, you have to find another month to book your holiday. It’s hard to get holidays off. Some staffs are really treated different than other staff, you have to be best friend with a management or else you are out of the loop. People who go college and school DO NOT WORK here, they will force you to work everyday and even your exam times saying you’ve got work commitments as if your exams are not important. They will always put less staff on work and make you work under pressure on busiest times. Avoid this place, because here -

Long hours, Unprofessional management
Was deze review waardevol?

good

not very bad, but, of course, there is a better working position and better conditions

small

all

Lovely colleagues, bad managment

Very lovely staff that made the job bearable, could get on with everyone. Not the same could be said for the managment team, accept for one or two. Treated quite badly, do a lot of work for saying it is minimum wage. Long hours, and the close of lunch before dinner meant long breaks so a lot of waiting between shifts unless you live near enough to go home. But generally not the worst place to work. It is minimum wage but we would get a share of the tips each month which was good.

Pluspunten

Free food on shift, tips

Bad managment, long hours
Was deze review waardevol?

Worst employment i've ever had

Let me start off by saying that the only good thing about working here is the free meals. That's about where the positives end. Mandy is literally the worst manager I've ever had the misfortune to work under. What an ungrateful, incompetent woman who needs to learn how to speak to people. I would dissuade anyone from working here.

free lunches

long hours, poor managment

Worst management I’ve worked with

I don’t know whether it was because it’s a new opening or what but the Cosmo I worked at was atrocious. Honestly where do I start? It opened in mid December 2017 and we were offered fantastic training really thorough I must admit and because it was new I got to know the people I’d be working with really well so I gained some good friendships, with some really nice people. That’s about where the positives end, our ‘restaurant manager’ assured us he had tons of managing and hospitality experience and would be on hand to help when needed. When it comes to actual service allhe does is stand at the door and over fill the restaurant, he doesn’t know how to handle a heavy costumer flow, it actually shocked me how awful he was I’ve never met anyone so unprofessional in my life. It’s a busy restaurant so of course you’re expected to work at a certain pace, but they just don’t have enough staff for the amount of people they’ve hired. Also a lot of favouritism within Cosmo, if you’re not ’friends’ with management you’re very much left outside the loop. Senior management was even worse, it’s like whoever hired the management team handed a restaurant to a bunch of children with no experience whatsoever, everyone running around like headless chickens, asking us to refill out new starter forms over and over, no organisation or communication between departments. The work you do is not worth the money you earn you could easily go down the road and earn more money and be appreciated for what you do.

Pluspunten

Free lunch from the buffet, nice people to work with

Minpunten

Long hours, terrible pay, atrocious management

ambiente laboral agradable

elaborar cotizaciones, visitar futuros compradores y ha compradores ya fijos, salir alas rutas foraneas para entrega de material

No raises or vacations.

The boss was great, however if there wasn't enough steady work, we went home early. No benefits at all. No room for advancement. I'm glad they closed and I found better employment.

Pluspunten

Steady work for the first couple of years

No raises

Perfecto

Me.gusta emprender y aprender.... Me gusta hacer se todo

Medico privado

Descanso entre vuelos

environnement de travail agréable

travail agréable et équipe efficace beaucoup de personnel, travail en coupure

repas gratuit

pas d'avantages en nature

hard work

Very good if wanted hard work and to work 7 days a week. the owners/management wasnt that great. I used to work between 12 hours - 14 hours a day with only a 20 minute break. wasnt even aloud to sit down as it was a resturant and take away

free lunches

long hours no breaks
Was deze review waardevol?

Un tremplin pour ma carrière

Une expérience qui m'a permi d'avoir une ambition quant à la reprise de cette boutique .. Un rapport avec la clientèle privilégié par le statut de boutique indépendante

Boutique indépendante

Long days.

A typical day at work was starting at 11:30, cooking food and filling the buffet then preparation for the evening until 2:30 when we cleaned up, 2:45 the buffet closed, 3:00 the restaurant closed until 5:00. Start again at 4:30, cook food and fill the buffet, keep the food topped up and looking presentable and prepare food for the next day. I learned how to chop, cook and serve a variety of foods, I learned of a few foods that were new to me and some ways of cooking them.

Pluspunten

Could eat from the buffet after closing.

Long hours.
Was deze review waardevol?

Make you work nearly everyday for long hours and hardly have breaks, only get a break if your on a long shift such as 8 hours.

good atmosfair

life time learning experience and working also to doing various project with team member are very good and taking lots of positive it life for doing different things

fun place to work

It's never the same two at cosmo its always busy. I have learnt to be a team leader and work as a team,the management staff are helpful they are happy to help if u had a problem.. My co-workers are very friendly and great to work with.

free lunch after work

Was deze review waardevol?

Empresa ótima de se trabalhar

Empresa que atua em vários seguimentos de manutenção, dando muita oportunidade de aprendizagem ao funcionário. Reconhecimento pelos serviços prestados fácil comunicação entre funcionário/direção.

Aprendizagem

trabalhos longes
Was deze review waardevol?

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Cosmo. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.Stel een vraag

Algehele waardering