Cosmo
2,7 van de 5 sterren.
Schrijf een review

Reviews over Management bij Cosmo

Schrijf een review voor dit bedrijf
Functie

2,5Management

Sorteer op

RelevantieBeoordelingDatum
36 reviews gevonden voor de zoekopdracht.Bekijk alle 70 reviews

Not terrible, for the service industry

Door Indeed uitgelichte review

De nuttigste review volgens Indeed
The job is alright. There's always a lot of work to do, but it's very simple stuff. Management is nice enough. They put in more effort than your average, low-level, service industry management team.The workplace culture is exceptionally friendly, compared to other positions I've worked in, with it being quick and easy to make friends. There's a good deal of people that work especially hard in the team. Although I don't see that as part of the workplace culture because there's a few that do quite the opposite.

Pluspunten

Friendly team, free meals, a free drink on a Sunday evening

Minpunten

Unsociable hours, tiring work, minimum wage
Was deze review waardevol?

Worst place to work - Do not apply if you care about your mental health and if you VALUE YOURSELF

So I started here at 16 as a part time waitress. The interview process was simple and I was given the job quickly. I had no contract and received NO training. This is a waitress role so I was expecting health and safety training as it is a hospitality workplace but I received 0 HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING AND 0 WAITRESS TRAINING. Management were terrible and did not value me as a new team member and I had to work with no training, no contract and I received my uniform after a week of working!

Meal onsite

No contract, No training (inc health&safety), Management that will bully you

the worst management

The management would not be scared to embarrass you in front of anyone. the floor manager is cocky, rude and arrogant and would only talk nice to you if he wanted you to work all day sunday. you never get a weekend off, and if you don’t want to work a day at the weekend, then you will be questions and questioned about it, even though you are on a zero hour contract. i left because all management treated everyone like rubbish. If you cried, they would laugh, “don’t bring your personal problems to work” they said to someone who had been to their close family members funeral the day before. I would never work there again, because of the manager, just always shouting and speaking to you like dirt. The people who worked their were mainly great, they days used to go so fast when i worked there. But when it came to clocking off, the manager would wonder off, or say he was in the middle of something and we cannot leave until he says so.

Pluspunten

Free Lunches, but can only eat certain things.

Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?

environnement de travail amical mais stressant et compétif

Le travail consistait à servir les clients et les accompagner pendant le déjeuner ou le dîner de la meilleure façon possible. Au début l'aspect plus dificil était la langue anglaise mais le contact avec les clients et les collègues m’a beaucoup aidé à apprendre rapidement
Was deze review waardevol?

Good for first job.Fair money and good staff and management.

Very good for first job.The management was very good and always there for you.Nice and friendly staff and environment.The salary was the minimum one but you can eat at the end of every shift.
Was deze review waardevol?

Beoordeel een bedrijf waarvoor je recent hebt gewerkt

Deel je ervaring om anderen te helpen

Die Menschlichkeit ist leider verloren gegangen

Ich gehöre seit vielen Jahren dieser Firma an aber habe nun den Schritt gewagt mich anderweitig zu bewerben da es psychisch, gesundheitlich und körperlich so nicht mehr weiter gehen kann. Kurz zusammengefasst: Keine Anerkennung trotz vieler treuer Jahre Firmenangehörigkeit, unzuverlässige und respektlose Bereichsleiter, mieserabler Gehalt trotz Dienstleister, Fachverkäufer, Teamleader, Putzfrau, und Nanny für alles und jeden.

Don't work here

Worst job I've ever had. Management are absolutely awful and extremely patronising. Instead of firing staff, you are given demeaning jobs to make you quit. Workload is extremely high with managers sending unnecessarily sending people home, leading to a high number of run aways. Tables that leave without paying are taken from the tips.

Do not apply here

This workplace management is so poor. The management themselves are so rude. They treat you like as if they own you, telling you what to do and if you say no, they will shout at you and take their anger at you. They say us to be professional but they themselves are not professional whatsoever. Even in your days off they will ring u and ask u to work like as if you don’t have life outside work. Especially on weekend if you ask for off, they will ask you the reason ‘why and where’ and if they don’t have enough staff, they will put u on work without saying anything and when you ask them why u got work on weekend, their answer is we don’t have enough staff and you have to work. You apply for a part time job but basically it’s a full time because you have to work so hard on busy days and u still not get double paid. Christmas time and bank holidays you still get minimum wage with no double pay. And you can’t take holidays on Christmas time, apparently it’s a busiest time. It’s hard to take holidays off too, the management has to approve it; if they say no, you have to find another month to book your holiday. It’s hard to get holidays off. Some staffs are really treated different than other staff, you have to be best friend with a management or else you are out of the loop. People who go college and school DO NOT WORK here, they will force you to work everyday and even your exam times saying you’ve got work commitments as if your exams are not important. They will always put less staff on work and make you work under pressure on busiest times. Avoid this place, because here -

Long hours, Unprofessional management

Bad, bad, bad.

A rate of 4,20 per hour. Very busy place and not paid enough for all the work. Employees are very stressful. Management very bad and unprofessional. They don’t pay always their employees.
Was deze review waardevol?

Empresa dinanima e agradavel de trabalhar.

Fazer parte do time da Cosmo me traz uma gratidão imensa! Aqui somos desafiados a cada dia para sermos melhores, vencer obstáculos, buscar sonhos e ter coragem para enfrentar qualquer batalha! Além de acreditar na cultura e nos valores da empresa, tenho muita admiração e orgulho das pessoas que trabalham comigo. Além disso, o sentimento que juntos iremos mais longe é o que alimenta a minha paixão pela Cosmo

Pluspunten

Refeição na empresa, fretado e tickt alimentação
Was deze review waardevol?

Don't work here if you want a life.

Worked absolutely to the bone on minimum wage, getting only 1 day off a week. Management are untrained and unprofessional, often mean and selfish. Positives inc - free food, gives you stomach ache though and good friends as you'll spend so much time together.

Avoid

Poor management - the general manager treats people like children, they will use you as much as they can and get offended when you ask for time off. I wouldn’t have lasted this long if not for the people I worked with and flexible shifts.

Terrible

When I worked here the management was so bad that it made me leave. I was on £5 an hour, and long shifts where the managers didn't train or respect you at all. They pay would often be wrong with members of staff and someone was always complaining.

Good team members

poor management

Relaxed and productive workplace

The management provided a relaxed atmosphere at work, with fun loving and focus colleagues to work with.I learnt the zeal and determination to succeed in handling any project to the very end
Was deze review waardevol?

Please read this very long review, some very hard truths

Most days you end up working unpaid overtime, therefore you don't receive the minimum wage for the total hours you have worked. Most staff are usually sent home early and have their hours cut, working less than their contracted hours. Staff are even sent home when the restaurant is busy leaving the rest of the staff under a lot of pressure which creates a stressful atmosphere and rubs off onto the customers (you can guess who the manager blames for that). On some ocassions I was told I was to finish at 9pm (an hour early) but wasn't told until 10 minutes past. Any staff who show any visual signs of disagreement or resent when told to leave early or work overtime are given a warning and on two occasions staff have been sacked for this. We were not allowed to keep the tips we had earned we had to hand them in. Apparently we were supposed to receive a share of tips at the end of each month on our pay slips - we didn't. And don't try to hide your tips, the snake in the grass who snitches on you will start receiving preferential treatment, it's a great way to earn employee of the month. Staff meetings are during your free time and for some employees their day off, compulsory to attend but not paid and a waste of everyone's time. Any flaws you point out or suggestions you put forward are ignored and although some staff are well into their 30's, they do not handle critism maturely at all. There was shouting and arguing and everyone leaves feeling frustrated, mostly because of one particular person. This person even screamed "Don't speak to me, I'm not talking to you" not -

Pluspunten

free meals, most staff are really friendly

Minpunten

unpaid overtime, 1 member of staff is very hostile and makes work very uncomfortable
Was deze review waardevol?

They work you til you die or leave

The coworkers there are amazing, but management doubles your contracted hours without negotiation which is terrible when trying to juggle uni, social life and work. Everything comes second to clocking in and running around for hours while you only qualify for an unpaid break after 9 hours of work. Unethical, awful management and terrible pay.

free food after a shift

everything else

Horrible Management

When I first started working there, my colleagues were lovely and so were management but as the months went on, I started to experience some verbal abuse from the on floor management whenever the restaurant got busy which was horrible.

Pluspunten

Free food and lovely colleagues.

Minpunten

Terrible on floor management.
Was deze review waardevol?

Excellent staff and excellent service.

Every shift starts with a briefing to update staff on events and encourage good customer service, this has led to several Cosmo group customer service awards. Shifts were often busy, but staff always grouped together making them a lot of fun while maintaining high cleanliness and customer satisfaction. My fellow staff members were always very friendly leading to lasting friendships. The management were also very understanding about staff needs.

Pluspunten

Free lunch and dinner when you've worked a shift, Brilliant and understanding management.

Minpunten

Working the full days over the weekend can be very tiring.
Was deze review waardevol?

Worst employment i've ever had

Let me start off by saying that the only good thing about working here is the free meals. That's about where the positives end. Mandy is literally the worst manager I've ever had the misfortune to work under. What an ungrateful, incompetent woman who needs to learn how to speak to people. I would dissuade anyone from working here.

free lunches

long hours, poor managment

Worst management I’ve worked with

I don’t know whether it was because it’s a new opening or what but the Cosmo I worked at was atrocious. Honestly where do I start? It opened in mid December 2017 and we were offered fantastic training really thorough I must admit and because it was new I got to know the people I’d be working with really well so I gained some good friendships, with some really nice people. That’s about where the positives end, our ‘restaurant manager’ assured us he had tons of managing and hospitality experience and would be on hand to help when needed. When it comes to actual service allhe does is stand at the door and over fill the restaurant, he doesn’t know how to handle a heavy costumer flow, it actually shocked me how awful he was I’ve never met anyone so unprofessional in my life. It’s a busy restaurant so of course you’re expected to work at a certain pace, but they just don’t have enough staff for the amount of people they’ve hired. Also a lot of favouritism within Cosmo, if you’re not ’friends’ with management you’re very much left outside the loop. Senior management was even worse, it’s like whoever hired the management team handed a restaurant to a bunch of children with no experience whatsoever, everyone running around like headless chickens, asking us to refill out new starter forms over and over, no organisation or communication between departments. The work you do is not worth the money you earn you could easily go down the road and earn more money and be appreciated for what you do.

Pluspunten

Free lunch from the buffet, nice people to work with

Minpunten

Long hours, terrible pay, atrocious management

Honest Long Review

I have been working in this Cosmo for 16 months. I have started as a basic waiter collecting plates, taking drink orders, giving check backs and other minor jobs like bins taking, cleaning and doing cutlery. After 3 months I have progressed and start being put frequently on the bar position and I loved it. This turned into a bit of the passion. I was suggesting things like for example bringing B52 back to serve by replacing triple sec with Cointreau and focusing on making bar as clean and efficient as it possibly can be. I have re-design a whole bar to make serving and choosing more efficient. Making displays re-arranging glassware moving till, organising cellar and implementing new opening, closing, serving and cleaning procedures. Suggesting which drinks can be added to menu or even buying additional equipment for the bar from my own pocket. Even though I was a part-timer on zero hour contract I have started receiving nearly full-time working hours where I am working 6 days in a week while still being in study. I really enjoyed working back then giving my best having great and enthusiastic communication with "floor" management. I was even sacrificing my studying just so I can focus more on the job Later on there was a rotation where few people have left and lack of motivation start to appear within the team. I started getting abused by other members of staff by raising standards of work and getting joked around for doing so much while being paid less than them due to minimum wage being paid and not being assessed by the ability or effort but by age. I have asked to have 4 -

Free food, "flexibility"

Minpunten

Management, job insecurity, minimum wage, not paid training, "shared tips", lack of communication, not being able to propose new ideas
Was deze review waardevol?

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Cosmo. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.Stel een vraag

Algehele waardering

Vergelijk Cosmo met

• Bedrijven
  • Cosmo
  • Reviews van medewerkers
Laat ons weten hoe we deze pagina kunnen verbeteren
Wat zou je willen toevoegen of veranderen?